Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Time at TCS!


This week we began our study of spring and poems. The children began the week sharing their thoughts and ideas of what spring meant to them. Here are some of their ideas.
Activities:
We swim at the beach and in the pools. ~N.S
People like to hike and fly kites. ~J.W
Plants:
Flowers bloom. ~M.N
Trees grow J.R
Leaves grow back onto the trees. N.S
Animals:
Animals come out of hibernation J.W
Bugs come out. A.R.
Bears come out of their caves. J.M
Beetles come out. T.S
Butterflies come out of their chrysalis. H.C
Bunnies and puppies are born. M.E
Fishes come out. E.M
Groundhogs and Whistle Pigs stop hibernating. J.M
Weather:
Sunny, windy, rainy, hot.

We then took these ideas to create mixed medium representations of spring (samples above) as well as acrostic poems (samples below).

Singing at home
Poems about Spring
Roses growing
It is the right temperature
New weather… Yay!
Growing plants
~J.R

Singing in the trees
Picking flowers
Running in the rainbows
I play with my friends
Noticing that spring is here
Growing flowers
~A.R

Sun is sunny
Plant flowers in the park
Rainbows come out
I play tennis
Noticing the flowers
Growing roses
~M.N

Shouting Hooray!
People eating pie
Rabbits hopping
I catch bugs
No snow!
Green grass
~T.S

Swinging in the trees
Petals blooming on flowers
Rain on our houses
I like playing with my brother
No painting on the wall my mom says
Going to the store with mom
~J.W

Smiling in the sunshine
Picking petals
Reading out loud
I have fun in the sunshine
No words to make people sad, just words to make them glad
Go to the sun and have some fun!
~N.S
Some people go to work
Playing baseball
Running for exercise
I like to chew apples
Newspapers to read
Growing flowers
~E.M

Swimming in the ocean
People flying kites
Rain comes from clouds
I like to fly kites
Notice that it rains
Grass grows green
~P.W

Sun warms you up
Puppies playing
Roses grow
I know that flowers bloom
Nice friend playing
Good morning sunshine!
~J.M

Swimming in the nice warm pool
Playing with friends in the park
Running on rainbows
I like to eat donuts
Noticing caterpillars hatch from cocoons
Great great spring
~E.E

Sun shines bright
People in a pool
Rabbits raise their babies
I like to eat ice cream in the shade
Noticing the birds eating
Green grass growing
~M.E

Swimming in the warm lake
People playing tag
Roses bloom
It is time to rest
Noticing the butterflies
Growing more flowers
~H.C

No comments: