Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our First Day with Andy


“Today we learned about our Great Artist Andy Warhol. We read the book Uncle Andy’s. I learned that he paints really well, and I learned that he has 25 cats named Sam. I also know that he wears purple glasses and a white wig. He has white hair that looks just like his wig. He lived in a big house, I think it was a Skyscraper. He had a lot of steps in his house and lots of cats and stuff. His house was in New York City. At night he liked to go out to parties. At day time he made art. He painted soda bottles, soup cans and Elvis. He got boxes and made them into soup can boxes. At meeting time we shared the pen and wrote what we know about Andy Warhol. Maya wrote about the cats and I wrote New York City. Sharing the pen is when some body has a pen and somebody has a sharpie and when you don’t know how to exact spell it the teacher helps you and that is when you share the pen. At job time I drew what I think Andy looks like. And I wrote that Andy paints unique pictures. Some friends wrote their questions to Andy.” ~J.M & N.S

No comments: